TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection And Use Of Personal Information
- Sharing Of Personal Information
- Information About Our Website
- Safeguards And Retention
- Your Choices
- Access To Information
- Contact Us
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information when you:
- Provide location information.
- Apply for a job.
- Contact us with a comment, question or complaint.
- Visit the Website.
Location Information: We may have access to certain Information about your location, such as your country or address, when you provide it or via device information (such as an IP address). If you access our sites on your mobile device we may collect Information about your device’s precise location.
Careers: If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as information contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint through https://kineticor.ca/contact/ you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, company name, email address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings.
Technical and usage information. We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our Website, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, IDFA or IDFV, MAC address, IP address, device and browser settings, the webpages and mobile apps you use, advertisements you see and interact with, and certain Site usage information. See our Cookies and Other Technical Information section for more information on how we may use these technologies to collect this Information.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions. In the event personal information is transferred to the US or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
We may disclose or transfer personal information to a third party as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Kineticor, or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Where required or permitted by applicable law, we may share information for other reasons we disclose to you.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
- Tracer Tags & Web Beacons: The Website may also use a technology called “tracer tags” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the Website. These tracer tags are used to help us optimize and tailor the Website for you and other future visitors to the Website.
- Third Party Links: Our Website may contain links to other websites, including social media sites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of information collected through third-party websites and expressly disclaim any liability related to such collection, use or disclosure. We are not responsible for any information or content contained on such sites. Links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience. Your browsing, use and interaction on any other websites are subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
We provide you with an opportunity to express your preferences or provide your consent with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from us, and our sharing of personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you ever decide in the future that you would like to update these communication preferences, you may contact us at https://kineticor.ca/contact/. To opt out of receiving our email marketing communications, you can also follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us. To opt out of receiving our text message marketing communications, you can reply “STOP” to any text message you receive. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us, but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device.
Managing cookies and other technologies. Cookies can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). Check your browser settings to learn how to delete cookies.
You may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Controlling cookies via browser controls may not limit our use of other technologies. Please consult your browser’s settings for more information. However, blocking cookies or similar technology might prevent you from accessing some of our content or Site features.
Some of our Sites may use locally stored objects (“LSOs”) to provide certain content, such as video on demand, video clips, or animation, and a better user experience. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site. Your browser may also offer other tools to delete or reject other LSOs; please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information.
Some of our sites may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cosokie-usage. To opt-out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
Vickie Dasoar – Financial Reporting Lead
Last Updated: 21 July 2021